Become a Member
Join the French Broad Vignerons
Membership in the French Broad Vignerons is open to anyone interested in growing grapes or fruit for wine, wine making, or just enjoying associating with other oenophiles and drinking wine. Our various monthly educational and social activities will give you ample time to network with viticulture friends.
Membership is for those individuals interested in general enjoyment and knowledge of all regional wines. Your annual dues of $25 covers two people residing at the same address. Wineries may join and designate any two staff members or employees as the two members for purposes of registering for our monthly events.
Becoming a member of French Broad Vignerons lets you:
- Associate with other winemakers and grape growers
- Learn how to grow grapes
- Learn how to make wine
- Learn how to evaluate and judge wines
- Engage in conversation about wine making and grape-growing on Facebook and Instagram
- Receive wine evaluation/judge training
- Participate in our social activities and educational events
- Receive a 10% discount on all workshops and classes at the Mountain Grape School
- Receive a 10% discount on purchases at Asheville Brewers Supply (they have wine-making supplies too!)
- Develop skills in leadership, marketing, and/or public relations
- Participate in tours to wineries, meaderies, cideries and other points of interest
- Participate in wine competitions to highlight the quality of North Carolina wines (as a winemaker or judge)
- Participate in wine competition for the Best of the Appalachian seal (BOTA)
- Compare our best North Carolina wines against wines from California and European wineries as a benchmark judge
Join us now!
Click here for Membership Dues payment of $25 per couple. Dues are for the calendar year beginning January 1 of each year. Dues payments made after October 1 will carry the membership through the following calendar year (e.g., if you renew membership on October 15, 2021 it will be valid through the calendar year 2022).
Questions? Please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your support!
French Broad Vignerons Educational and Social Activities
Educational and social activities are held monthly. The goal of our meetings is to provide opportunities for socialization and expansion of members’ wine knowledge. Activities occur in a variety of locations, including homes, wineries, vineyards, orchards, and viticulture-oriented businesses.
There is an annual meeting held in December or January of each year, where FBV Officers are elected and bylaws amended. The annual meeting also has social and educational components.
Many of our activities have a participation fee required to subsidize meals, beverages, and office supplies.