Become a Member
Join the French Broad Vignerons
Membership in the French Broad Vignerons is open to any one interested in growing grapes/fruit for wine, wine making, or just enjoying associating with other wine-loving oenophiles and drinking wine. Our various monthly educational/social activities will give you ample time to network with viticulture friends.
Membership is for those individuals with interests in general enjoyment and knowledge of all regional wines. $25 annual dues covers two people residing at the same address. Wineries may join and designate any two staff members or employees as the two members for purposes of registering for our monthly events.
The benefits of membership include:
- Associate with other winemakers and grape growers
- Learn how to grow grapes
- Learn how to make wine
- Learn how to evaluate/judge wines
- Social media buffs can watch our website and Facebook page and join in the conversation about wine making and grape-growing
- Receive wine evaluation/judge training
- Expand your contact base by participating in our social activities and educational events
- Members receive a 10% discount on all workshops/class at the Mountain Grape School
- Members receive a 10% discount for purchases at Asheville Brewers Supply (they have wine-making supplies too!)
- Opportunities to develop leadership/marketing/public relations skills
- Participating in tours to wineries/meaderies/cideries and other points of interest to our membership
- Conducting wine competitions to highlight the quality of North Carolina wines compared to wines from other regional wineries
- Conducting wine competition for the Best of the Appalachian seal (BOTA)
- Benchmark judging to compare our best North Carolina wines against comparable wines from California and European wineries
Join us now!
Click here for Membership Registration and payment of $25 annual dues for a couple. Dues are for the calendar year beginning January 1 of each year. There is no prorated dues payment.
Membership image will be texted out upon receipt of payment.
Questions? Please email us: Chuck@FrenchBroadVignerons.org
We appreciate your support!
French Broad Vignerons Educational/Social Activities
Educational and Social activities are held monthly. The goal of our meetings is to provide opportunities for socialization and expansion of every members’ knowledge base. Activities occur in a variety of locations – including homes, wineries, vineyards, orchards, and viticulture oriented businesses.
There is an annual meeting held in December/January of each year, where Officers are elected and Bylaws amended. The annual meeting usually has a social and educational component as part of the meeting agenda.
Many of our activities have a participation fee required to pay for activity meals, beverages, and office supplies.